Buddhist Social Service
These Buddhist Social Service Organizations, which have relationships with the Foundation for Active Compasssion, have dedicated themselves to helping other beings in different ways.
Click on any of the website images to learn more about these groups and to offer your help or to participate in their work.
List of Organizations
- Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen - shenpennepal.org - Helping the poor and disadvantaged gain access to healthcare facilities, education, shelter, and employment opportunities, and improving the care and treatment of animals. (Nepal, India)
Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen Facebook page
- Tsoknyi Nepal Nuns - tsoknyinepalnuns.org - Supporting and sustaining the highest Buddhist philosophy and meditation of the Tsoknyi Lineage Nuns in Nepal
- Tsoknyi Lineage Buddhist Nuns - tsoknyirinpoche.org - Providing spiritual and material support for a large number of buddhist nunneries in Eastern Tibet and Nepal
- Project Clear Light - projectclearlight.org - Working to bring peaceful dharma teaching to participating offenders within the Texas Department of Corrections (Texas, USA)
- Karuna-Shechen - karuna-shechen.org - medical, social & education services to disadvantaged in Himalayan Region (Nepal, India, Tibet)
- Buddhist Global Relief - buddhistglobalrelief.org - working towards a world in which poverty has been banished, where everyone can achieve a satisfactory level of education, and where all people dwell in peace and harmony with one another and with the natural environment